Laureates of the Japan Prize
Theodore Friedmann, M.D., MA (Oxon)
- Date of Birth:
16 June 1935
Outline of Achievements
The 2015 Japan Prize
||UCSD's Faculty Research Lecturer Award
||University of California, Chancellor’s Associates Award for Excellence in Research
||The 1995 H.C. Jacobæus Prize of the Nordic Research Committee and Nordic Insulin Foundation, Lund, Sweden
||The 1996 Cross of Honor for Science and the Arts, Republic of Austria
||Salvador Zubiran Medal of Mexico
||The Newton-Abraham Visiting Professorship at the University of Oxford
||The Award of Merit from National Institutes of Health (NIH)
||Distinguished Graduate Award from the University of Pennsylvania
||President of American Society of Gene Therapy
||A.B. in Chemistry from University of Pennsylvania
||M.D. from University of Pennsylvania
||M.A. from University of Oxford
||Children's Hospital Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
||U.S. Air Force, Captain, 10th Tac., Hospital, Alconbury, England
||University of Cambridge, England, Research Fellow in Colloid Science
||Children's Hospital Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, and Teaching and Research Fellow, Harvard University
||National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
||University of California, San Diego, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
||University of California, San Diego, Associate Professor of Pediatrics
||University of California, San Diego, Professor of Pediatrics
- University of California, San Diego
Department of Pediatrics
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0634, U.S.A.
- Friedmann T, Roblin R. Gene therapy for human genetic disease? Science 175(25): 949-955, 1972.
- Willis RC, Jolly DJ, Miller AD, Plent MM, Esty AC, Anderson PJ, Chang HC, Jones OW, Seegmiller JE, Friedmann T. Partial phenotypic correction of human Lesch-Nyhan (hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase-deficient) lymphoblasts with a transmissible retroviral vector. J Biol Chem 259(12): 7842-7849, 1984.
- Miller AD, Eckner RJ, Jolly DJ, Friedmann T, Verma IM. Expression of a retrovirus encoding human HPRT in mice. Science 225(4662): 630-632, 1984.
- Yee JK, Moores JC, Jolly DJ, Wolff JA, Respess JG, Friedmann T. Gene expression from transcriptionally disabled retroviral vectors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84(15): 5197-5201, 4987.
- Emi, N., Friedmann, T. and Yee, J.-K., “Pseudotype Formation of Murine Leukemia Virus with the G Protein of Vesicular Stomatitis Virus,” J. Virol. 65, 1202-1207 (1991)