Laureates of the Japan Prize
Yutaka Takahasi, Ph.D.
- Date of Birth:
28 January 1927
Outline of Achievements
The 2015 Japan Prize
Resources, Energy and Social Infrastructure
Contribution to development of innovative concept on river basin management and reduction of water-related disasters
||Nepal Suprabal Gorakha Dakshin Bafu
||L’Ordre des Palmes Academiques, Chevalier (France)
||National Land Agency Achievement Award for Water Resources
||JSCE (Japan Society of Civil Engineers) Achievement Award
||IWRA (International Water Resources Association) Crystal Drop Award
||The Order of the Sacred Treasure, second class
||JAGH (Japanese Association of Groundwater Hydrology) Academic Award
||University of Tokyo, B.E. in Engineering
||University of Tokyo, Ph.D. in Engineering
||Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, University of Tokyo
||Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Tokyo
||Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Tokyo
||Professor emeritus, University of Tokyo
||Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology
||Senior Academic Adviser, United Nations University
- La Société Franco Japonaise des Technique Industrielles
Association for Rainwater Storage and Infiltration Technology
Natural environment Coexistence Technology Association
- Yutaka Takahasi, Gradual alteration in the flow characteristics of the Chikugo-river flood, Report of the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, 5, 3, 1955.
- Yutaka Takahasi, The change of country and flood (in Japanese), Iwanami Shoten, Publishers, 1971
- Yutaka Takahasi, City and Water (in Japanese), Iwanami Shoten, Publishers, 1988
- Yutaka Takahasi, River Engineering (in Japanese), 311p, University of Tokyo Press, 1990.
- Yutaka Takahashi, Characteristics, Meanings and Countermeasures for Cyclone Disaster in Bangladesh, in Report on filed study and investigations on the damage caused by the cyclone in Bangladesh in 29-30 April 1991, UNCRD, p.95-108, 1991.
- Festschrift in Honor of Yutaka Takahasi, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 25, 3, 2009.