Laureates of the Japan Prize
Jennifer A. Doudna, Ph.D.
- Date of Birth:
19 February 1964
Outline of Achievements
The 2017 Japan Prize
||National Academy of Sciences Award for Initiatives in Research
||Alan T. Waterman Award, National Science Foundation
||Lurie Prize in Biomedical Sciences, Foundation for the NIH
||Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences＊
||Princess of Asturias Award of Technical and Scientific Research＊
||Canada Gairdner International Award＊＊
||Tang Prize (Biopharmaceutical Science), Taiwan＊＊
＊ Jointly received with E. Charpentier
＊＊ Jointly received with E. Charpentier and F. Zhang
||Member, National Academy of Sciences
||Member, American Academy of Arts and Sciences
||Member, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
||Pomana College, B.A. in Biochemistry
||Harvard Medical School, Ph.D. in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Research and Career
||Research Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital;
Harvard Medical School
||Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Colorado
||Yale University, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor,
Professor, Henry Ford II Professor
||Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
||Professor, University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Berkeley
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
708A Stanley Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-3220
- Haurwitz RE, Wiedenheft B, Zhou K, Doudna JA. (2010) Sequence-and structure-specific RNA processing by a CRISPR endonuclease.
- Jinek M, Chylinski K, Fonfara I, Hauer M, Doudna JA, Charpentier E. (2012)
A programmable dual-RNA-guided DNA endonuclease in adaptive bacterial immunity.
- Sternberg SH, Redding S, Jinek M, Greene EC, Doudna JA. (2014)
DNA interrogation by the CRISPR RNA-guided endonuclease Cas9.
Nature 507(7490):62-7 PMCID: PMC4106473
- Kranzusch PJ, Lee AS, Wilson SC, Solovykh MS, Vance RE, Berger JM, Doudna JA. (2014)
Structure-guided reprogramming of human cGAS dinucleotide linkage specificity.
Cell 158(5):1011-21 PMCID: PMC4157622
- O'Connell MR, Oakes BL, Sternberg SH, East-Seletsky A, Kaplan M, Doudna JA. (2014)
Programmable RNA recognition and cleavage by CRISPR/Cas9.
Nature 516(7530):263-6 PMCID: PMC4268322